Tom Keene, Jon Ferro, Lisa Abramowicz, and Paul Sweeney have the economy and the markets "under surveillance" as they cover the latest in finance, economics and investment, and talk with the leading voices shaping the conversation around world markets.
- Surveillance: Travel Woes with Sythairlines' supply. Jordan Rochester, Nomura International G-10 FX Strategist, expects emerging markets to underperform. Michael O'Rourke, JonesTrading Chief Market Strategist, expects to see decelerating inflation growth the rest of this year. Terry Haines, Pangaea Policy Founder, says congress has become more performative than legislative.
- Surveillance: Market Slowdown with StanleyStephen Stanley, Amherst Pierpont Chief Economist, says markets are starting to smell a slowdown. Mike Schumacher, Wells Fargo Global Head of Macro Strategy, says it's inevitable that the Fed and other central banks will feel political pressure. Jane Foley, Rabobank Head of FX Strategy, says we could see euro-dollar parity. Seema Shah, Principal Global Investors Chief Strategist, says we could see a technical rally over the next couple of months, but it won't be sustained.
- Surveillance: Policy Mistakes with ChiavaroneSteve Chiavarone, Federated Hermes Head of Multi-Asset Solutions, says the Fed has a lot of work to do to get inflation down. Kathy Jones, Charles Schwab Chief Fixed Income Strategist, says corporate bond issuance is waiting for yields to fall. Jens Nordvig, Exante Data Founder & CEO, says it will be hard for the Fed to switch back to cutting mode after they're done hiking. Greg Valliere, AGF Investments Chief US Policy Strategist, says it's possible Hillary Clinton may run for president again.
- Surveillance: Financial Conditions with PetersGreg Peters, says financial conditions have to worsen. Alicia Levine, BNY Mellon Wealth Management Head of Equities & Capital Market Advisory, says there is a 50% chance of a recession. James Stavridis, Carlyle Group Vice Chairman of Global Affairs, Former Supreme Allied Commander at NATO and Author of 'To Risk It All: Nine Conflicts & The Crucible of Decision,' says says we will see Finland and Sweden in NATO. David Rubenstein, Carlyle Group Co-Founder & Co-Chairman and Host of 'Bloomberg Wealth,' discusses his interview with Rockefeller University CIO Paula Volent.
- Surveillance: Market Timing with BitterlyKristen Bitterly, Citi Global Wealth Management Head of North America Investments, explains she is advocating against market timing. Lisa Hornby, Schroders Head of US Multi-Sector Fixed Income, recommends a decent amount of liquidity in your portfolio. Mohamed Younis, Gallup Editor In Chief, says the US is the most politically divided its been since the start of Gallup's measurements. Lori Calvasina, RBC Capital Markets Head of US Equity Strategy, says investors are looking more optimistically into 2023.